The New Maryland United Church Women (UCW) play an important role in the life of the church.
The New Maryland UCW sponsors a child in India through "Families for Children", donates to Transition House, the Christ Church Cathedral outreach program and Hospice Fredericton. The UCW also plays an important part in financing of church supplies and provision of necessities as they arise within our church.
The New Maryland UCW meets on the second Wednesday of each month, excluding July and August. The meetings are held in the homes of various members. There are currently 24 members in the New Maryland UCW with an average of 12 attending the meetings.
Our main fundraiser is a bridge luncheon held in October. Many members of the congregation support us in putting on this event.
We are always happy to welcome new members to our group.
List of officers are:
Dorothy Webster, President
Sheila Power, Recording Secretary
Sue Harris, Treasurer
Gifts and Flowers, Janet Merrill
Loraine Ward, Corresponding Secretary
Dorothy Webster, Kitchen Supplies
Lorna Ball, Christian Development Rep
Rev. Kelly Burke and Janet Merrill, Outreach Reps
To unite women of the congregation for the total mission of the church and to provide a medium through which we may express our loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian witness, study, fellowship, and service.
- Map and Information
- Our Staff
- What's Happening
- Church Family Photo Directory
- Looking Back
- Our Church Building
- A Brief History
- United Church Links
- Special Seasons & Services >
- 2013 Anniversary Tea
- Celebration - Completion of Accessibility Project
- The New Lift is Installed
- March 2017 Community Breakfast Fundraiser
- Doris Gorman's 90th Birthday Party (January, 2016)
- Quilt Show 2013
- 125th Anniversary
- Sunday School Fundraisers
- Men's Club Annual Chili Supper
- Men's Club Annual Salmon Supper
- UCW Annual Bridge Luncheon
- Welcome Back Corn Boil and BBQ
Our Church Family
- Rev. Dr. Kelly Burke, Our Minister
- Lorna Ball, Office Administrator
- Sue Morrison, Chair of Official Board
- Lloyd Penney, Church Treasurer
- Special Musical Friends of NMUC
- Sheila Power, Sunday School Superintendent
- Our Youth
- Pam Gonnason, Artist
- Kaye Lister, Editor of The Beacon
- Dorothy Webster (Wears Many Hats)
- Talented Seemstresses
Bulletins & Newsletters