See above slideshow of the church building after the accessibility upgrades.
New Maryland United Church is an inclusive church, welcoming all to become part of its wonderful church family. It is important to us that all feel welcome both at church services in the sanctuary and functions held in the church basement and we have had concern for some time as to how we could make the church building more accessible to all.
After much discussion, New Maryland United Church struck up an Accessibility Committee in January, 2013. This committee worked tirelessly under the committee chairperson, Sheila Penney. With the approval of the congregation the suggested plan was accepted and work began in the summer of 2014.
The resulting structure was beyond our expectations. It seems the plans were perfectly designed for our needs.
The lift was installed in March, 2016, making the church wheelchair-accessible from both entrances. There are also two wheelchair-accessible washrooms.
We are a welcoming church and we can now finally say that our church building welcomes you too, no matter what the mobility issues are. Please come and make our church family your church family!
March, 2016 ... Henry Babineau makes use of the newly installed lift. Now we can welcome all folks to our worship services from either entrance and to social times in the church basement! This is indeed a happy time for New Maryland United Church!
Verna Brett and Loraine Ward are all smiles as they check out the new lift installed in March, 2016.
- Map and Information
- Our Staff
- What's Happening
- Looking Back
- Our Church Building
- A Brief History
- United Church Links
- Special Seasons & Services >
- 2013 Anniversary Tea
- Celebration - Completion of Accessibility Project
- The New Lift is Installed
- March 2017 Community Breakfast Fundraiser
- Doris Gorman's 90th Birthday Party (January, 2016)
- Quilt Show 2013
- 125th Anniversary
- Sunday School Fundraisers
- Men's Club Annual Chili Supper
- Men's Club Annual Salmon Supper
- UCW Annual Bridge Luncheon
- Welcome Back Corn Boil and BBQ
- Church Family Photo Directory
Our Church Family
- Rev. Dr. Kelly Burke, Our Minister
- Lorna Ball, Office Administrator
- Sue Morrison, Chair of Official Board
- Lloyd Penney, Church Treasurer
- Special Musical Friends of NMUC
- Sheila Power, Sunday School Superintendent
- Our Youth
- Pam Gonnason, Artist
- Kaye Lister, Editor of The Beacon
- Dorothy Webster (Wears Many Hats)
- Talented Seemstresses
Bulletins & Newsletters